Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel)

Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) Go on a power trip talking about everything to do with power amplifiers.

Old 01-18-2013   #1

Default "Connecting Headphones to a TV."

I recently purchased HD 598 Sennheiser Headphones. I own a TC-P42X1 Panasonic Plasma TV. I did not check and was foolishly unaware that my TV does not have a audio jack for me to be able to plug in these headphones. The headphones have a 6.3mm Stereo Jack at the end of the cord but do come with a 3.5mm Adapter (if this is at all helpful.) I've been doing hours of research and have only become more confused as to what exactly I need. My TV has no Audio Out components, only a Optical Digital Out. I would need one of the following. Which one though, I'm not sure...
- Digital Audio To Analog Audio Converter
- FiiO E17 USB DAC Headphone Amplifier
I have also read a lot warning about Dolby Digital and something not working, what I'm unsure of though... But I "think" this doesn't include my TV. I didn't see anything in reference to Dolby Digital in my TV user manual. But, I am not completely sure...

Please Help!
-Carl
stonec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #2
Administrator

Default Re: "Connecting Headphones to a TV."

You will need a digital audio to stereo converter. Amazon sells them but be sure to get the type that allows a 5.1 audio input.
rbinck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013   #3

Default Re: "Connecting Headphones to a TV."

Thank you very much. I will purchase this and cross my fingers it works. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to my inquiry.
Best - Carl
stonec is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, av, connect, headphones, tv