Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) (http://www.avrev.com/forum/amplifiers-mono-stereo-multi-channel-4/)
-   -   ROTEL INTRODUCES TWO INNOVATIVE MULTICHANNEL POWER AMPS (http://www.avrev.com/forum/amplifiers-mono-stereo-multi-channel/629-rotel-introduces-two-innovative-multichannel-power-amps.html)

NicollPr 09-05-2007 12:19 PM

ROTEL INTRODUCES TWO INNOVATIVE MULTICHANNEL POWER AMPS

Rotel Electronics, the international company whose audio and A-V components are admired around the world for their unmatched value with high-end performance, will introduce two exciting new multichannel amplifier models—the RMB-1085 and RMB-1076 at the 2007 CEDIA Show in Denver, Colorado. These new designs feature groundbreaking Class D circuit topology to deliver a new standard of power and performance from components that are almost unbelievably compact, lightweight, and cool-running. Less than three inches tall and under 12 pounds in weight, both power amps fit where conventional amplifiers cannot, and since they produce virtually zero heat, they can safely reside inside cabinetry, racks, or system closets without fear of thermal limits.

“The promise of multichannel Class D amplifier design has been a much sought-after goal for several years now,” according to Mike Bartlett, V.P. & General Manager of Rotel America, “And Rotel is among the first manufacturers to deliver it with true reference-quality performance. Given their size and weight, these two new models produce simply astounding, cucumber-cool power, but what’s far more important, they do so with the transparent, detailed, dynamic sonics that experienced audiophiles simply expect of any amplifier carrying the Rotel name.”

The newest Rotel amps are in most respects similar aside from channel-count. (Features-wise, the RMB-1076 adds individual input-level trims, input-sharing channel-bussing, and RCA output-link facilities, all well suited to multiroom installations). The six-channel RMB-1076 produces 100 watts per channel (20 Hz-20 kHz, all channels driven, 8?, <0.2% THD); the RMB-1085 offers five 100-watt channels under the same specifications. (Both amplifiers achieve THD performance of 0.03% at half-power or one-watt levels. And either will produce some 180 watts per channel when driving 4? loads!)

Both new models feature Rotel’s proprietary Class D design, which combines controlled oscillator modulation and enhanced cascade control to bring together the near-perfect efficiency of “digital amplifier” design and truly reference-grade sonic performance, for the first time. Either can deliver the true floor-shaking impact that so many soundtracks demand, yet each preserves the nuance and detail of the finest high-resolution multichannel music recordings. Additionally, unlike virtually all conventional designs, the RMB-1076 and RMB-1085 preserve their full performance under a substantial range of AC line-voltage “sag,” which is an unfortunate fact of real-world life in the vast majority of installations. And their sophisticated power-supply design makes them rock-solid under the most severe drive conditions, even with “difficult” loudspeaker loads.

The RMB-1076 and RMB-1085 amplifiers both incorporate 12-volt trigger power on/off, to which the RMB-1076 adds signal-sensing on/off capability. The Rotel RMB-1076 6x 100-watt, and RMB-1085 5x 100-watt Class D Amplifiers are meticulously manufactured by Rotel, and available in Matte Black or Black and Silver cabinets.

Availability: Third Quarter 2007
Suggested Retail Prices:
RMB-1085 5 x 100-watt Class D Power Amplifier: $1,199.00
RMB-1076 6 x 100-watt Class D Power Amplifier: $1,599.00

JerryDelColliano 09-20-2007 10:12 PM

Re: ROTEL INTRODUCES TWO INNOVATIVE MULTICHANNEL POWER AMPS

Class D amps get too little respect in my book.

Has any one heard Flying Mole? Quite good, I think.... All digital

jdc115 10-03-2007 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano (Post 3323)
Class D amps get too little respect in my book.

Has any one heard Flying Mole? Quite good, I think.... All digital

Does anybody know the email address of the CEO of Rotel? I have tried to contact the company 4 times through email to the support address and marketing address for different questions and they just never respond. I have the owner of 2 Rotel power amps and 1 processor and had basic questions that they could either have answered or at least responded to if they were not able to give out the information. But as my question can potential change a purchase decision, I would think they would get back to me.

Thanks

NicollPr 10-04-2007 07:06 AM

Hello,

I work at the PR Agency for Rotel, I cannot disclose contact information like that but if you inform me of your questions I can try and get them answered for you.

jdc115 10-04-2007 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NicollPr (Post 4019)
Hello,

I work at the PR Agency for Rotel, I cannot disclose contact information like that but if you inform me of your questions I can try and get them answered for you.

Hi, thanks for your help. Three questions at the moment.

1. The new RSP-1069 processor has HDMI 1.1, will it accept multi-channel PCM audio from a PS3 for both Blu-ray disks and SACDs. This would by the PS3 decoding the Blu-ray from Dolby True-HD to 5.1 PCM sent over HDMI.

2. Why not HDMI 1.3? (NAD just released a new processor in the same range with HDMI 1.3)

3. This is a general observation, but I wrote to ask them a few questions to both their support email address and marketing email address soon after I had just purchased the RSP-1068 and 2 power amps (5 channel and 2 channel). I have to say I was disappointed that I never receive a response from them.

I am about to purchase a PS3 as an upgrade to my DVD/SACD player so I am looking to replace the RSP-1068 (trade up if the dealer will allow me) or I will sell it and replace it all together so I need to understand the ability of the RSP-1069 better.

I did call customer service about an hour ago but only get a voice message so I am waiting for a return call.

Thanks

deacongreg 10-04-2007 04:02 PM

Good looking NicollPr!!