Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) (http://www.avrev.com/forum/amplifiers-mono-stereo-multi-channel-4/)
-   -   NHT help (http://www.avrev.com/forum/amplifiers-mono-stereo-multi-channel/4490-nht-help.html)

thirsty93 02-22-2010 10:45 PM

NHT help

1 Attachment(s)
I have a pair of NHT 2.5I's that I want to bi amp using 2 sa-2 amps for the woofers and b&K amp for the tops.I want to run this into my Yamaha RX-V2400.First time doing this and I wanna get it right,I have read the manuals and just dont get what I need to do.How many interconnects will I need also for this?Any help would be greatly appreciated.If someone could send me a diagram even better
Is my diagram correct?

rbinck 02-23-2010 07:45 AM

Re: NHT help

It would be better to connect the 2 SA-2 woofer amps to the sub-woofer output of the Yamaha RX-V2400 with a splitter at the Yamaha RX-V2400 and the two you show at the SA-2s. Then set the crossover in the Yamaha RX-V2400 according to the speaker recommendations. Also it may be that you only need to feed the left channels on the SA2s when satellites are not connected to the SA2s thus eliminating the splitters at the SA2s.

Also you will need to match the SA-2s low and high pass filters to match the crossover frequencies. It may take a bit of trial and error to get this right and it may be best to set the subwoofer a 150 hz and the satellites at 110. That would let the Yamaha RX-V2400's setting have the crossover control.

thirsty93 02-23-2010 08:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbinck (Post 24099)
It would be better to connect the 2 SA-2 woofer amps to the sub-woofer output of the Yamaha RX-V2400 with a splitter at the Yamaha RX-V2400 and the two you show at the SA-2s. Then set the crossover in the Yamaha RX-V2400 according to the speaker recommendations. Also it may be that you only need to feed the left channels on the SA2s when satellites are not connected to the SA2s thus eliminating the splitters at the SA2s.

Also you will need to match the SA-2s low and high pass filters to match the crossover frequencies. It may take a bit of trial and error to get this right and it may be best to set the subwoofer a 150 hz and the satellites at 110. That would let the Yamaha RX-V2400's setting have the crossover control.

I am also running a sa-3amp and sw-3 subwoofer on the system which I am using the sub pre out on the yamaha for.I see what your sayin as for as the rest goes.well the bi amp process make a notable differnce?Is the rest of the diagram correct also?

rbinck 02-23-2010 06:27 PM

If you are running a separate subwoofer I would think you would not want to bi-amp those speakers. It may hurt more than it helps due to the possibility of bass cancellation with multiple sources. Your diagram seems fine as far as working.

thirsty93 03-01-2010 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rbinck (Post 24108)
If you are running a separate subwoofer I would think you would not want to bi-amp those speakers. It may hurt more than it helps due to the possibility of bass cancellation with multiple sources. Your diagram seems fine as far as working.

I see what your sayin here,here is the options i have or should I say the amps i have to work with:2 sa-2 amps,I also I have a extra sa-3 amp in the box that I would have to have repaired and a sw2pi.
1.use the 2 SA-2's bi-amp the 2.5 and be done with it(if its worth it)
2.Use a single sa-3 and by amp the 2.5;s and be done with it.
3.leave the speakers alone and sell the 2 sa-2,the sa-3 and the sw2pi and be done with it.
Really need some advice here