Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel)

Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) Go on a power trip talking about everything to do with power amplifiers.

Old 12-24-2009   #1

Smile Can 5.1 rear speakers act as B speakers?

I have a series 1 Tivo unit running through an Onkyo TX-SV343 amp. I know that 5.1 surround is not an option with the early Tivos, but is there a way to get the audio to come through the rear speakers also, i.e. to get the rear speakers to act as B speakers? Thank you.
crystallullaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2009   #2

Default Re: Can 5.1 rear speakers act as B speakers?

Using the rears connected to B would just replicate the front 2 channels, no real benefit that I can see (hear).
Anthem, Conrad Johnson, Dish Network/JVC, Dynaudio, Infinity, Integra, JL Audio, Klipsch, Magnepan, Marantz, Martin Logan, Onkyo, Oppo, Outlaw Audio, Panasonic, Paradigm, REL, Sumiko, SVSound, and Toshiba are the brands equipment I currently use. I have owned/used and tested equipment made by just about any manufacturer you can name.
Loves2Watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
51, act, arbasuyu, audio, channel, combined, computer, forums, front, home, multi, rear, running, speaker, speakers, surround