Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel)

Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) Go on a power trip talking about everything to do with power amplifiers.

Old 12-02-2008   #7
wes

Default Re: Experience with "Ice Block amplifiers" Seymour AV

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
I have never had the opportunity to hear these amplifiers. In fact, I had never heard of them until on this forum.
Let us know when you do they look cool
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
Let us know when you do they look cool
That is the problem Wes, I don`t know of any dealers here in New York that carry these amplifiers. Though, i should probably check J & R Music World.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008   #9

Probably the best way to listen to them (ICE power amps) is to find a Rotel dealer and do some listening. If I do look at these type of amps seriously, I believe Wyred4Sound may be the way to go, due to their highend manufacturing and mods history. (Check out cullencircuits.com to see what I mean.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
That is the problem Wes, I don`t know of any dealers here in New York that carry these amplifiers. Though, i should probably check J & R Music World.
mahdlokg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008   #10

Thumbs up Re: Experience with "Ice Block amplifiers" Seymour AV

If there is anyone that wants to hear the Wyred 4 sound amps I have the Stereo ST- 250
with the cap mod option , this amp is super clean sounding and lacks nothing in my opinion ,I had Redwine amps and An Edge G-4 this betters them IMO and it is dead quiet and runs cool 24-7.
If anyone was in the Ma area and wanted to hear the system drop me an email.I can honesty say for sure that I know of No amplifier in the $5k range that I would trade for it, it is that good !
aaudioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahdlokg View Post
Probably the best way to listen to them (ICE power amps) is to find a Rotel dealer and do some listening. If I do look at these type of amps seriously, I believe Wyred4Sound may be the way to go, due to their highend manufacturing and mods history. (Check out cullencircuits.com to see what I mean.)
Okay, I will check the site out. As far as Rotel dealers, "The Listening Room" in Scarsdale was the one dealer that had Rotel. However, they closed their retail space, because they told me that hardly anyone comes in anymore to demo equipment.
Most of the business now is installation. And when a friend sees what they did, they call and say, I saw what you did for my friend, can you now do my house.

And Lyric Hi-Fi, a great dealer, does not carry Rotel. Thus my difficulty in hearing the Ice Block amplifiers.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012   #12

Default D-Sonic amplifiers reviewed

A new review of the d-sonic amplifiers has been posted at:

6moons
conanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
250, amplifier, amps, audio, av, block, ice, multichannel, review, reviews, seymour, sound, st, video, wyred