Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel)

Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) Go on a power trip talking about everything to do with power amplifiers.

Old 12-02-2009   #37

Default Re: Amps for dummies

Hi every one I'm the new kid Mikie. How do you know if you should use a Mono, Stereo, multi channel amp??

I have an Integra DHC 9.9 and I'm not sure what I should be running with it for power? My budget has been shot with holes, so I'm looking for something that will get me started. Any thing in the$ 600 to 800 range if possible
mikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009   #38
Administrator

You could get single channel amps so you can add as your budget allows.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #39

That still leaves me wondering if I should look at a Stereo amp. hi-fi etc,. I told you I was a green guy. I was looking at the Nad c245bee 4 channel. What do you think?

Thanks,

Mikie
mikie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009   #40
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikie View Post
That still leaves me wondering if I should look at a Stereo amp. hi-fi etc,. I told you I was a green guy. I was looking at the Nad c245bee 4 channel. What do you think?

Thanks,

Mikie
I don't know where you told us you were a green guy and I'm not sure what that has to do with your question. The greenest thing to do is don't use any equipment at all, sell your car and bicycle to work... Oh wait, you meant you are green in the sense of not knowing much of this subject... never mind.

That would be an ok amp for 4 channels, but for a 5.1 system you would need two more channels, or one more if a powered subwoofer is used. Also at 35 watts per channel it could be considered a bit light.

If you are on a budget, you could look at monoblock amps also. Seems like Loves2Watch had suggested some really good ones before, maybe he will chime in.
rbinck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbinck View Post
The greenest thing to do is don't use any equipment at all, sell your car and bicycle to work... Oh wait, you meant you are green in the sense of not knowing much of this subject... never mind.
That's funny!!
sunnyside71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
5808ci, amplifiers, amps, audiovideo, building, class, components, denon, dummies, faq, info, mosfet, mosfets, power, stereo, transistors