Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel)

Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) Go on a power trip talking about everything to do with power amplifiers.

Old 01-14-2008   #7

Default Re: Aragon 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
Actually I believe the brand is still in existence. It's called Klipsch Aragon now.

I consider Paul Rosenberg (ex-Co Founder of Aragon) as one of the best people in the business....

their amps were some of the best you could buy for the money.

So if you do have issues (not likely they were also reknowned tanks) you can always contact Klipsch (who bought Aragon).

Good info Lotus. Was not aware of that. Now, do you know if they kept Aragon`s staff to make the amps, or did they let them go and put their own Klipsch people in. Because, if that is the case, we may not unfortunately have the same amp anymore. But, they should not keep Aragon a secret. Who knows??
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008   #8

Aragon is owned by Klipsch but their amps are NOT designed by Dan D'agostino like the first amps thus they aren't anywhere as cool as the Krell-light amps of the old days.

THere is no one amp I sold more of than the Aragon 4004. The BEST bang for the buck amp ever, if you ask me.
Old 01-25-2008   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
Aragon is owned by Klipsch but their amps are NOT designed by Dan D'agostino like the first amps thus they aren't anywhere as cool as the Krell-light amps of the old days.

THere is no one amp I sold more of than the Aragon 4004. The BEST bang for the buck amp ever, if you ask me.
I was under the impression they were just slightly udpated version of their classic gear. Which means the real question is....

How much can they screw up a good thing?
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2008   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I was under the impression they were just slightly udpated version of their classic gear. Which means the real question is....

How much can they screw up a good thing?
Not sure what they did when they jumped from the 8008 BB to the new line. I owned a 4004 MkII, solid bass, a little bright though but I never felt I lacked power. I liked the 8008 BB even better, haven't tried their new lines and don't know much about them.
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post

I hear you. That is too bad. Why, does it seem when a company has a good product doing well, that eventually something comes along to mess things up?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008   #12

I'm using a little Adcom 60WPC hooked up to the pre outs of a Marantz SR-19 Receiver driving a pair of Paradigm Studio 100's. The Marantz is rated at 100WPC but the 60 watt Adcom plays just as loud and with decent control. The other three channels in the Marantz are driving the center and surrounds. I've been so impressed with the little Adcom that I've been considering moving to a multichannel amp in the 180 to 200WPC power range.

Problem is, I told some friends about my plan to look into a larger Adcom and got all kinds of friendly advice including recommendations for Emotiva and ATI amplifiers. Now I'm in vapor lock trying to decide what to do. Any advice?
Butch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
100, 2005, 4004, 8008, aragon, audio, emotiva, ii, marantz, mkii, paradigm, review, size, studio, upa2