Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel)

Amplifiers (Mono, Stereo & Multi-Channel) Go on a power trip talking about everything to do with power amplifiers.

Old 12-10-2007   #1

Default bi-amping

I have a set of polk ls70's that I was thinking about bi-amping.I only have 1 amplifier, a 5 channel Adcom gfa-7000. Can I use 4 of the Adcom's channels to bi-amp the polk's? Also, the rca plug pre-outs on the back of my processor are for front left and front right.To split the signal for the left/right mains do I just put a y-connector on each channel thus creating 4 rca cables to run to the 4 channels on the Adcom?
robwilliams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007   #2

Default Re: bi-amping

Quote:
Originally Posted by robwilliams View Post
I have a set of polk ls70's that I was thinking about bi-amping.I only have 1 amplifier, a 5 channel Adcom gfa-7000. Can I use 4 of the Adcom's channels to bi-amp the polk's? Also, the rca plug pre-outs on the back of my processor are for front left and front right.To split the signal for the left/right mains do I just put a y-connector on each channel thus creating 4 rca cables to run to the 4 channels on the Adcom?

Yep, you sure can use 4 channels of your Adcom.

You can split the outputs of the pro and run 4 cables - or a cheaper way would be to use the cables you are already using and put splitters at the amp instead of at the pro. Both will work.
Silver Supra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
adcom, amp, audio, bi, biamp, biamping, biamplification, channel, channels, front, gfa7000, left, ls70, polk, stereo