Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   AC Power (http://www.avrev.com/forum/ac-power-16/)
-   -   New affordable Panamax power solutions for home theater (http://www.avrev.com/forum/ac-power/679-new-affordable-panamax-power-solutions-home-theater.html)

JerryDelColliano 09-12-2007 11:35 AM

New affordable Panamax power solutions for home theater

Panamax, Inc. today announced the release of four new power products optimized for home theater systems. The PM8-HT, M8-HT, M8-HT-PRO, and M10-HT-PRO offer increased levels of filtering and advanced noise-reducing technologies for improved audio and video quality, while patent-pending circuitry protects components from power irregularities.

Designed to work with high-definition (HD) systems, these new products offer power cleaning and filtration to eliminate common symptoms of AC line noise, including loss of detail, pops, hisses, hums, and visual artifacts, and allow equipment to perform at its full capability for an optimal home theater experience.*

The M8-HT-PRO and M10-HT-PRO offer premium filtration for increased audio and video clarity, in addition to noise isolation between their isolated outlet banks, which prevents any noise created by a component plugged into one bank from contaminating the power to equipment plugged into the other outlet bank.

The M10-HT-PRO also offers Linear Filtering Technology (LiFT), which suppresses noise dramatically and consistently across the entire dynamic range for stunning audio and video quality. This product features six linear filtration outlets, three of which provide sequenced activation. The M10-HT-PRO also offers four digital ultrasonic-noise-filtered outlets, while three isolated outlet banks provide further protection against AC noise.

All of the new products feature Panamax's exclusive Protect or Disconnect™ circuitry, which completely disconnects AC power to connected equipment in the event of a catastrophic surge, while integrated coax/sat and telephone/LAN line protection prevents electrical surges that travel over cable, satellite and antenna lines.*

For the protection and longevity of home theater components, the M8-HT, M8-HT-PRO, and M10-HT-PRO feature Automatic Voltage Monitoring (AVM), a patent-pending technology that monitors the incoming AC power and, in the event of an unsafe voltage, disconnects power to connected components. Once the voltage returns to safe levels, power is restored to the connected equipment.

Additionally, the M8-HT-PRO and M10-HT-PRO offer a 12-volt trigger that allows source equipment to activate or deactivate four delayed outlets for high-current equipment such as power amplifiers and subwoofers.

"The new floor model line offers a wide range of technologies that enable our customers to receive the best possible performance from their home theater equipment and, at the same time, ensure component longevity," said Dave Keller, senior vice president of sales and marketing for Panamax and Furman. "Continuing our tradition of innovation, the advanced filtering technologies and patent-pending circuitry of these solutions set them apart from any other products on the market."

The M8-HT-PRO and M10-HT-PRO will be available in September 2007 at MSRPs of $149.95 and $199.95, respectively. The PM8-HT and M8-HT will be available in October 2007 at the MSRPs of $79.95 and 99.95, respectively.

deacongreg 09-13-2007 09:20 AM

Re: New affordable Panamax power solutions for home theater

If these Panamax solutions do everything they are claiming, they seem to be an incredible value. I could not believe the pricing you posted Jerry. Why, would you need to go APS, PS Audio, or Richard Gray? I know APS is into power re-generation, which is a little different, but really, for what these panamax systems can do, do you need anything else?

My only concern is their power disconnect feature. While, in theory it sounds really good for your system, do you want that feature working, while you are watching a movie, when you need all your power working on all cylinders?

JerryDelColliano 09-14-2007 07:50 PM

Wait a minute here!!!!

You can NOT compare a Pure Power to these $79 Panamax products. While they might be neat solutions - the Pure Power is SERIOUS technology. Battery Backup. Power regeneration. The stuff you expect for $2000. Richard Grays is SOLID protection for surges and is built like a brick-****-house. I use BOTH products in my reference system.

The affordable AC power product I use on our computers at work and on some of my smaller systems is an APC battery backup. Its like $60 and helps soften the blow if the power goes off. Once again - you can't compare it to an Pure Power product but for $60 - its hard to beat.

kennyt 09-26-2007 05:38 PM

If you want a Panamax, they are being dumped right now by Onecall.com, the 5300 is going for $249!!! A total steal! I almost bought one but couldn't for the life of me figure out where I needed it!