Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > AC Power

AC Power Getting clean, reliable power to your system is a major topic. Discuss solutions and applications here.

Old 08-10-2012   #1

Default Will a Generic Battery Work in My Dell Laptop

My Dell XPS L701x needs a new battery.I checked with Dell - live chat -- and they tell me they

don't make the computer any more and don't have any batteries for it and don't know if they ever

will. They gave me a number to call their spare parts department to see if they have any. I'll do

that, but if they don't have any, what should I do?

I've looked at scontobatteria.com and other places online and the reviews for third party batteries are

good. My laptop is 3-1/2 years old and I'm not at all ready to replace it - especially for a

battery. So what do I do? Is there a trustworthy third party battery manufacturer/seI have a DELL

Inspiron laptop. The battery no longer holds a charge longer than 5-10mins, and I can only use

it if it's plugged in. Kind of defeats having a laptop! lol I checked their website and the price

of the battery is way above what I can afford.
I checked pcbatteria.com and there are batteries there within my budget, but I'm wondering if they will

take/hold a charge. I've always heard you HAVE to use DELL with DELL!

Any tips on getting a battery that will work without giving DELL more of my money?

Last edited by youky; 02-18-2013 at 01:52 AM..
youky is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery, dell, generic, l701x, laptop, make, replacing, work, xps