Audio Video Revolution Forum

Audio Video Revolution Forum (http://www.avrev.com/forum/index.php)
-   AC Power (http://www.avrev.com/forum/ac-power-16/)
-   -   Audiophile APS 1050 Power Conditioner - More Than A Power Strip In A Box? (http://www.avrev.com/forum/ac-power/280-audiophile-aps-1050-power-conditioner-more-than-power-strip-box.html)

AVRevForum.com 07-23-2007 01:11 PM

Audiophile APS 1050 Power Conditioner - More Than A Power Strip In A Box?

Read the full review at

Audiophile APS PurePower 1050 Power Regenerator Reviewed

and post your comments and questions here in this thread. Subscribe to a
thread to be informed when other AVRev.com readers post their comments and questions.

JerryDelColliano 09-14-2007 07:59 PM

Re: Audiophile APS 1050 Power Conditioner - More Than A Power Strip In A Box?

A power strip in a box? You would have to be smoking a 10 carat rock of Compton's finest crack to say that.

This product is the PINACLE of AC power products. It delivers enough perfect, regenerated power to run your whole rack. It has 20 plus minutes of battery backup and solves MANY other AC power problems.

Let me ask you this? If you have a high end projector (like I do) and the power cuts off 3/4 of the way into the movie and the projector isn't in an ICE COLD room - what happens to the bulb when the thing shuts off? Could it fail? Could it hurt your bulb life? DAMN RIGHT it could.

Moreover - what about those peaks in your crash and bang movies scenes? Can the wall with a 15 amp circuit deliver you the power you need to get the best performance from your system? Doubtful. The APS can.

I would not run my system without one.

j

deacongreg 09-15-2007 02:54 PM

It seems this APS product is a no - brainer. Especially if your house may be old, with old wiring. then add power surges, or whatever problems your particular area has where you live.

My issue has been, how do you choose? PS Audio has a great free DVD discussing electricity and its effect on your system. But you have APS, Shunyata, Richard Gray, and they all do different things with the AC line.

It seems, you might need to be an electrician to find out, what your particular problem is, and then make a buying decision based on what is best for your issue. Because, unless I`m wrong, they all do different things to fix a certain issue or issues.

DMD123 09-18-2007 10:23 AM

I am the June winner for the APS PurePower 1050 and really look forward to adding it to my system when it arrives. I use an APC H15 right now which is only a fancy filter/surge. I am really looking forward to the power regeneration to improve my picture and sound. I will post a mini review when I get it installed in the system.

kennyt 12-19-2007 04:13 PM

I got one of the APS 700's in for review the other day and all I can say is WOW! I already have multiple dedicated 20 A and 15 A lines for my gear, but the improvement this added was above and beyond that! I have been re-listening to things pre and post and the differences are huge, I have to start swapping in video next but suspect it won't let me down there either.

Not to mention, battery backup?? How cool is that!

Telstar 12-30-2007 03:15 PM

I always have been a fan of APC products. I run my computers through a Smart UPS and I wont ever connect directly to the AC line.

The audiophile products are priced a bit too high, though.