Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > AC Power

AC Power Getting clean, reliable power to your system is a major topic. Discuss solutions and applications here.

Old 12-30-2007   #7

Default Audiophile APS vs APC

Telstar,

There is a HUGE difference between APC and Audiophile APS "Pure Power" products.

Note: I use BOTH in various systems. The cheapie APC battery backup systems are a GREAT solution for under $100.

The Audiophile APS pur power is a WHOLE other story. Full battery backup. total power regeneration and WAY beyond.

Its not fair to compare the two. Both have their places

j
Old 12-30-2007   #8

Default Re: Audiophile APS 1050 Power Conditioner - More Than A Power Strip In A Box?

Jerry you are so right!

The PurePower 700 I have is amazing! I am able to run my Mark Levinson 433 and pre/pro and sources to extreme levels in two and three channel without over taxing the thing, and the sonic and video differences are huge! I have been swapping my power around to see the difference and it's not subtle, in fact I am keeping it, I can't imagine living without one of these after having it in my system. The difference it made was like a total system upgrade, in video colors are more vibrant and brighter, notes are clearer, background is quieter, the thing is amazing!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2007   #9

Thumbs up Re: Audiophile APS 1050 Power Conditioner - More Than A Power Strip In A Box?

I think avrev.com did a piece on a APS product. I was impressed. Sounds like for stuff like battery backup for say you Cable Optimum Voice phone system, you use APC. But for your home theater or dedicated stereo system , its definitely APS.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #10

Default Re: Audiophile APS 1050 Power Conditioner - More Than A Power Strip In A Box?

I received my contest winning PurePower APS 1050 and WOW it is a beast! The weight of the unit is unreal. It came double boxed with very nice reinforced corners.

One aspect I have not seen in most reviews is in regard to the face of the unit. It appears to be designed in a way that if you were to rack mount it you can undo some small screws on the top and then the face hinges down for easy access for battery replacement. This is very cool. The hook up and instructions were easy to follow.

I have had it hooked up for just a few days now so I have not had the chance to test all the things plugged into it. But one thing I noticed almost immediately was clarity in standard definition TV signals. I have complained on repeated occasions to my cable company about the problem and got all the excuses: you have a HD TV so Blah, Blah, Blah…
The fact I noticed an improvement here first was a good sign of things to come.

I had an opportunity to listen to just one CD (The Very Best of Diana Krall) and was surprised to find the sound seemed to be more vibrant, there was just a little something extra I was hearing (or not hearing), that made it seem to POP!

I still need some more test time but my initial impressions are that the APS 1050 has made a significant improvement in my system.

I would like to thank Audio Video Revolution and PurePower for this generous prize, and an opportunity to own a very fine piece of equipment that I would never have been able to experience on my own.
DMD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #11

i am finishing my review of the APSA 700- and feel the same way.

My final review will show up soon!
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008   #12

Thumbs up Re: Audiophile APS 1050 Power Conditioner - More Than A Power Strip In A Box?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD123 View Post
I received my contest winning PurePower APS 1050 and WOW it is a beast! The weight of the unit is unreal. It came double boxed with very nice reinforced corners.

One aspect I have not seen in most reviews is in regard to the face of the unit. It appears to be designed in a way that if you were to rack mount it you can undo some small screws on the top and then the face hinges down for easy access for battery replacement. This is very cool. The hook up and instructions were easy to follow.

I have had it hooked up for just a few days now so I have not had the chance to test all the things plugged into it. But one thing I noticed almost immediately was clarity in standard definition TV signals. I have complained on repeated occasions to my cable company about the problem and got all the excuses: you have a HD TV so Blah, Blah, Blah…
The fact I noticed an improvement here first was a good sign of things to come.

I had an opportunity to listen to just one CD (The Very Best of Diana Krall) and was surprised to find the sound seemed to be more vibrant, there was just a little something extra I was hearing (or not hearing), that made it seem to POP!

I still need some more test time but my initial impressions are that the APS 1050 has made a significant improvement in my system.

I would like to thank Audio Video Revolution and PurePower for this generous prize, and an opportunity to own a very fine piece of equipment that I would never have been able to experience on my own.
That is really great. Congratulations and continue to enjoy the forum.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1050, ac, apc, aps, audio, audiophile, av, conditioner, end, h15, power, powerstrips, regeneration, review, strip