Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > AC Power

AC Power Getting clean, reliable power to your system is a major topic. Discuss solutions and applications here.

Old 06-14-2007   #13

Default Re: Brown outs in your area...

Richard,

Thanks so much for adding your two cents regarding dedicated lines to our forum. You shed a great deal of light on the topic for me and I'm sure others as well. I think I may have mispoke when I said that the dedicated lines would "solve" my problems 100%. I've actually consulted with an electrician and the two of you seem to be in agreement that while he can 'pull' a line or two to my rack it won't necessarily fix the voltage sag issues I'm having. Which is why I've decided to seriously focus attention towards power regenerator. The power regenerator will fix pretty much all of my issues and be a lot cheaper (and easier on me and my girlfriend's schedule) than construction. Thanks again for the post.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2007   #14

Shunyata Research has also received its share of good reviews in the AV press. Anyone have any experience with the Shunyata products?
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007   #15

a friend gave me the box pictured below. it was previously used on a server. its a LineTamer PCLT 600 from shape magnetronics inc. it is basically a large coil and capacitor. on the back it says

VA 600 HZ 60
Volts in 120 Amps in 7.1
Volts out 120 Amps out 5.0 total

anyone know anything about this contraption?
i haven't used it at all (kind scared to)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2003_01013-22-070005small.JPG (83.9 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 2003_01013-22-070001small.JPG (85.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2003_01013-22-070006small.JPG (106.3 KB, 6 views)
Strutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #16

Bob from PurePower responding to Strutter: That device is nothing more than a sruge protector with filtration, just like the rest of the so-called power conditioners and power strips. Note, the amps go down, not up, depressing system dynamics. If the inbound voltage drops below 120v, which is very common, the power to your system is further deminsihed. That does not happen with PurePower AC regeneration. We think all power conditioners that perform only surge protection and filtration are a waste of money if they cost you more than $99.
Bob Rapoport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #17

Bob,

I use Richard Gray's stuff for two reasons. First, I've met Richard and consider him to be a stand up guy and I use his products in support of that. However, I do understand your points and realize his products don't quite do what PurePower's will. I actually do not use Richard Gray power products in my reference rig (which is the system I'm looking to get right) only my 2nd and 3rd systems where absolute performance aren't 100% necessary all the time since they are mostly guest bedroom and casual listening systems. Second I use them because I some what "fell" into their products by accident and haven't felt the need to upgrade those systems as of yet.

I've been eyeing PurePower's products for some time. I know Jerry uses them with great success. I don't feel I'd ever go with PS Audio personally but however, I do know they have quite a following and was hoping to stimulate some conversation about not only the Premiere but power products in general.

I really do like your products and as soon as my schedule dies down a bit I will focus more on how they can advance my system. I have a feeling you and I should talk more, so perhaps in the near future you can lend your expertise in making my reference system sing. Thanks again for all your help and support. Feel free to contact me directly with any more info if need be. Thanks again.

Andrew

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Rapoport View Post
Bob from PurePower responding to Strutter: That device is nothing more than a sruge protector with filtration, just like the rest of the so-called power conditioners and power strips. Note, the amps go down, not up, depressing system dynamics. If the inbound voltage drops below 120v, which is very common, the power to your system is further deminsihed.
interesting. i kinda thought it was some sort of brown out box that used that large capacitor to maintain a constant voltage out when voltage in was low. how could it be a surge protector? is the capacitor storing the surge?

yes i see that the amps out are 2.1 less than in. this seems inefficient to me that this box would consume that much amps. i would guess that it would also run extremely hot .
Strutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
audio, az, brown, brownouts, dedicated, exactpower, ground, homes, magnetronics, outlets, outs, phoenix, pole, ps, shape, transformer