Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > AC Power

AC Power Getting clean, reliable power to your system is a major topic. Discuss solutions and applications here.

Old 06-17-2008   #7

Default Re: Purepower keeps getting my recomendation

Cool.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #8

I have very much enjoyed the quality of my video since I added a Pure Power APS1050. I do however question the customer service that they provide. I have repeatedly tried to e-mail customer service and one individual in particular (who started to help) and have not got responses back (after three months).

I know that I should not complain because I was a prize winner of this from this web site. I was contacted quickly about the prize and was assured I would get UPS confirmation when it shipped and I was to receive a unit in BLACK. Now the story starts with six months (no joke) of waiting for the prize. I had e-mailed maybe once a month to ask the status on this. I got a lot of excuses that I was missed for this reason or that but no real solution, just that it was coming. Several attempt to contact them got no response back.

The unit arrives (after six months) and they sent me a SILVER unit. A call to Pure Power and they send me a new face plate in black but for the wrong model (the 700). A email gets me a response, that they thought they were all done with this order. But that they will send me out the correct item. It has been about three months now with multiple e-mails and no one responds. The faceplate may not be a big deal since it works fine. But for insurance purposes I really don't know how I can be insured for the amount of a 1050 when my pictures show a 700.

My concern is that if I were to have any serious problems that Pure Power would not take care of me because they can not take care of a simple matter quickly (or at all).
DMD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2008   #9
wes

Cool Re: Purepower keeps getting my recomendation, not

My dealing with them has been a disaster they have the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

I basically canceled my credit card and returned the unit.

Last edited by wes; 07-01-2008 at 04:25 PM..
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #10

Exclamation Don't Settle for APC PurePower!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wes View Post
My dealing with them has been a disaster they have the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.

I basically canceled my credit card and returned the unit.
Don't settle for the cheesy APC units, anymore!

Instead, try this:

The MGE Pulsar EX RT 2200VA Rack-mountable Tower UPS; its more powerful and the output quality is just as good if not better; and you can buy two for $3000. (Not all UPS's are made equally, this particular one is classified as a "full-time online, sine wave out, Uninterruptable Power Supply".

The MGE and many other full time-online UPS' all do an AC to DC to AC conversion using switchmode power supplies on the input (ac to dc) and class D amps as inverters on the output, dc to ac; yielding a very quiet, pure, low distortion, low source impedance frequency accurate signwave. In the case of the MGE, less than 2% THD+N under nearly full load (3KVA) for the three units I've measured. There is nothing inherantly "noisy" about the process in a properly implemented system, except for the cooling fans -- you really don't want these UPS units in the room with you and your music.

There are no specs on the PurePower site showing full load distortion of their UPS systems; all I do see is the usual hyperbole and obfuscation of what the underlying principles of the product are: namely, an online UPS packaged for the audiophile consumer, with some nominally quieter fans; 17dBA, (noise figure for the cooling fans, not the amount of line noise attenuation) which is quiet compared to a video projector, but I still wouldn't want it sitting in any of my listening rooms.

So, again don't settle for the cheesy APC model, especially if their customer service is in question!

Jeremy

The Kipnis Studios
www.Kipnis-Studios.com

Video Calibration Labs
www.VideoCalibration.com

Epiphany Recordings Ltd.
www.EpiphanyRecordings.com

----------

KSS DL.TV Video Feature (NEW)
http://www.kipnis-studios.com/The_Ki...TV_-_6_08.html

Last edited by The Kipnis Studios; 07-02-2008 at 09:10 AM..
The Kipnis Studios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2008   #11

Wes,

Thank you! I thought it was just me for a while there that had customer service issues with Pure Power. I think the bad customer service is just when you try to deal direct with them for any issues. They don't see your face in front of them, so you don't really exist.

When I was trying to get the unit after about five months I e-mailed a question as to buying a unit from them and how long it would take. I immediately received a response with a follow up from a vendor who could sell me one and was told I could get it with in the week. I wonder how the authorized retailers of Pure Power deal with the lack of customer service. Would I have had better service if I had purchased it from a vendor instead of winning it as a prize?

And by the way, The Kipnis Studios, what a shamless plug for product! But I like it! You respond to potential customers in a way that shows customers are important. If Pure Power took care of it's customers you couldn't do that. Thank goodness you can.
DMD123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2008   #12
wes

Thumbs down Re: Purepower keeps getting my recomendation NOT !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMD123 View Post
Wes,

Thank you! I thought it was just me for a while there that had customer service issues with Pure Power. I think the bad customer service is just when you try to deal direct with them for any issues. They don't see your face in front of them, so you don't really exist.

Yes they are full of BS I personally believe in buying a product based on three things:
- Quality
- Customer service
- Price/performance ratio

I have been very fortunate with Classé & B&W and even Sony

Seleco, Onkyo that is an other story
wes is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Tags
1050, 2000, 2000i, black, exis, forum, mge, power, pulsar, pure, purepowe, purepower, purepower2000, rack, regenerator, review, reviews, upgrade