Audio Video Revolution Forum  

Go Back   Audio Video Revolution Forum > Audio-Video Electronics > AC Power

AC Power Getting clean, reliable power to your system is a major topic. Discuss solutions and applications here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2008   #13
Super Member
 
kennyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,422
Default Re: Which power supply???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
I talked to the folks at PurePower and a dealer for these guys. I'm now convinced. I just ordered a 1050.

Thanks guys.
Wait until you get it into your rig, you will be amazed!
__________________
Ken Taraszka, MD
Associate Editor
HomeTheaterReview
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #14
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 110
Default Re: Which power supply???

They did send to me to Underwood. That guy is passionate about audio. Talked to me for over 2 hours.

He has me very curious about the Emerald Physics speakers now. Man, every time I talk to someone, I get curious to try something else...

He said TAS is reviewing the Emerald Physics speakers right now. He really raves about them. They have a digital crossover, and can only be bi-amped. Here we go again....
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #15
Super Member
 
kennyt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Florida
Posts: 2,422
Default Re: Which power supply???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
Man, every time I talk to someone, I get curious to try something else...
Try to imagine me at trade shows! I want everything, this to me is the fun of this hobby though, it never ends, we never are 'done' with our systems. Even when we think we are done, there's always something coming down the pike, like right now with tall the new audio codecs we're scrambling to get into our rigs from Blu-ray and the now defunct HD DVD.

Who can say what will be out next month or year much less in five or ten years.... but I suspect I'll want that too!
__________________
Ken Taraszka, MD
Associate Editor
HomeTheaterReview
kennyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008   #16
Super Member
 
rlpiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: TX
Posts: 506
Default Re: Which power supply???

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT Junky View Post
They did send to me to Underwood. That guy is passionate about audio. Talked to me for over 2 hours.

He has me very curious about the Emerald Physics speakers now. Man, every time I talk to someone, I get curious to try something else...

He said TAS is reviewing the Emerald Physics speakers right now. He really raves about them. They have a digital crossover, and can only be bi-amped. Here we go again....
I never heard of Emerald Physics Speakers either. I was sent to Underwoodwally as well, but have not had a chance to talk to him yet.

Bi-amping is a good thing, I use two MC207 amps to bi-amp 5 speakers in my 9.2 set-up.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2008   #17
Super Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: White Plains, New York
Posts: 1,706
Thumbs up Re: Which power supply???

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Try to imagine me at trade shows! I want everything, this to me is the fun of this hobby though, it never ends, we never are 'done' with our systems. Even when we think we are done, there's always something coming down the pike, like right now with tall the new audio codecs we're scrambling to get into our rigs from Blu-ray and the now defunct HD DVD.

Who can say what will be out next month or year much less in five or ten years.... but I suspect I'll want that too!
You said a lot right there kenny. That does make this hobby a lot of fun. However, not many of us are blessed like you to be able to do that. But soon................................
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2008   #18
Super Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Midwest
Posts: 110
Default Re: Which power supply???

Hey Kenny,

You were dead on in your review of the PurePower stuff. I have the 1050, which is much larger than the 700. I'm noticing all of the benefits that you mentioned.

I have the following equipment (my whole system) connected to it:

Outlaw 755 amplifier
Denon 3808 receiver
Denon 2500 Blu-ray transport
Panasonic A35
Directv receiver
Simaudio Moon Equinox
Benchmark DAC1
Sony Pearl projector

I have listened to several movies now, it has never exceeded 50% usage. I also leave the Simaudio and Benchmark "on" all of the time.

It's here to stay.
HT Junky is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Reply

Tags
270054, axiom, buzzing, cable, defective, ground, hum, isolator, model, monster, powercenter, ps, surround, system, tv

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Audiophile APS 1050 Power Conditioner - More Than A Power Strip In A Box? AVRevForum.com AC Power 15 04-30-2009 05:23 PM
Online UPS for clean power? anm AC Power 0 07-21-2008 05:42 AM
Why I don't belive in power cables JerryDelColliano Cables 2 09-01-2007 11:24 PM
Will the Monster HTS3500 Power Center Regulate your power? AVRevForum.com AC Power 0 07-23-2007 02:21 PM
PS Audio's Power Plant Premiere Robinson_A AC Power 0 06-01-2007 06:20 PM




SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1