View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008   #42
kloneman
Super Moderator

Default Re: Study Shows "Non-Audiophiles" Can't Hear Difference Between 64 and 256 kbps MP3 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. AIX View Post
I'm not sure when the first ELS DVD-Audio system was installed in the Acura TL...I believe it was the 2004 model year. So obviously, I cannot speak to your issue. But the new ones are definitely Panasonic and they sound very good...the new RLs are amazing. If you haven't experienced one, visit a dealership and check it out. The guys at Bose automotive know their stuff.
I recall the brochure for the Acuras with the DVD-A, but I cannot recall the year either. perhaps Acura got enough complaints about the systems in the prior generation of vehicles that they addressed it when the TL and RL got their "makeovers"...

Quote:
Their are other cars that have good systems...probably some that are better in terms of frequency response and low end. But I'm not interested in great stereo systems. I listen to music in my car, in my studio and at home in 5.1 only. ONce you've heard a really great recording in surround, nothing in stereo compares.
I will agree that more discrete channels are better, especially if the mix is appropriately done. The choice to listen to only 5.1 limits your content somewhat.

Quote:
I realize that Bose is not a name that is used in audiophile circles and I am not saying that a wave radio should be used in place of a good home system but the automotive team has delivered some incredible technology since I've known them.
Perhaps my experience is based upon dated equipment. I have never been impressed with any Bose products, with the sole exception of the noise-cancelling headphones. These are not stellar sonic performers either, but they do an impressive job of cancelling cabin noise on aircraft, as well as most of the ambient noise in an office situation. The first model did have some build-quality problems, that I have heard were addressed in the newer models.
kloneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links