View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008   #36
kloneman
Super Moderator

Default Re: Study Shows "Non-Audiophiles" Can't Hear Difference Between 64 and 256 kbps MP3 F

My 2002 TL type S had an "Acura Bose" souncd system. The head, amps and speakers were ALL SUPPLIED BY BOSE. The same was true of the sound system in my wifes 2002 MDX, both of which are connected to the onboard GPS system. As rlpii noted, both of them sound terrible - no real top, and definitely no bottom. My wife doesn't care, but I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. AIX View Post
I'm curious whether you're talking about Bose in the Acura TL...they didn't supply the head unit or speakers...in fact, they had nothing to do with the TL system. It was provided by Panasonic in conjunction with Elliot Scheiner, a very prominent recording engineer.

I have a 2005 Acura TL with the Panasonic ELS system. It is a very good system and is laudable for the ability to play 5.1 DVD-Audio titles. I listen to my recordings (AIX Records) in it constantly. It is very good...much better than virtually all other systems.

As for the Acura RL, the higher end car model, the automotive division of Bose did provide the design for that system AND it is amazing! AIX produced a custom DVD-Audio demonstration disc for inclusion in those cars and I get emails regularly about how impressive the system is...owners had no idea that music could sound that good.

AIX has also provided demonstration tracks to Nissan and is in production of another disc for Infiniti...

There are lots of automotive companies embracing surround music...and Bose is doing a fantastic job in the cars.

Last edited by kloneman; 01-23-2008 at 06:34 PM..
kloneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links