View Single Post
Old 01-23-2008   #18
rlpiii

Default Re: Why Apple hasn't put a bluray or hd-dvd player in their computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus View Post
I own multiple Falcon NorthWest computers (PCs) and they lock up/crash about once a month if that. There is definately something to be said about a quality built PC over say Dell or HP. I'd also say it's never locked up while "working," but while playing poorly coded games.

I also fully believe in keeping my system clean of un-needed programs running in the background.

Also locking up and crashing is not a PC only symptom. My sister complains regularly about her Macs doing the same thing before she just goes out and buys a new one. She get a new Mac about every 12 to 18 months. I've got an 8 year old Falcon that still runs strong and rarely if ever crashes.

I fully believe both systems are likely just as stable as the other. It's what you do with it and allow to run on it that changes that.
I did not mean to imply macs do not have any problems. I'm just saying they are much less problematic than PCs. My macs have had lock-ups too, just not every few days or every week. Lately, Time Machine has been the culprit for locking things up on my macs. Also, I was just tired of spending lots of time fighting with PCs - trying to get them working on a network, and constantly fighting off viruses.
rlpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links