View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008   #50
TheMoose

Default Re: Warner Pulls Support For HD DVD and Backs Blu-ray

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
prerich,

I have said this from the start, once I can buy the rights to the film and stream it to my home anytime both formats are dead, because it is convenience, not quality that seem to make new formats fly. Making J6P struggle with firmware updates and slow load times isn't a help, but if I just need to go to any movies site and watch, that's convenient!
OK you buy a movie in 1080p HD with True HD audio & all the extras & you stream it & watch it, what now?
How long are you going to keep it on your DVR's hard drive, it's over 40G after all, are you going to get a 100 terabyte hard drive to store all of your HD movies?
Well actually you'll need two 100 terabyte hard drives so you can back them up in case your computer crashes.
That will work for you but 95% of the people don't have a computer hooked to the home theater so they will need to start deleting movies off of the DVR's drive when they want another movie.

I like discs, I want to be able to watch a movie I buy more than once, I want to be able to take it to a friends house & play it when we are checking out his home theater.
I'm sure all these problems will be worked out one day but right now I want my HDM in a disc & I want to be able to watch any movie I want on 1 format.
TheMoose is offline   Reply With Quote