View Single Post
Old 01-14-2008   #13
CliffH

Unhappy Re: Looking For Blu Ray player purchase advice

I read a disturbing post on a message board from CES. They were interviewing someone from the group that establishes the specifications for blu-ray players. He was stating that most of the current players that are spec 1.0 or 1.1 will not be upgradable to the new 2.0 spec that includes ( Bonus Play and other features). When questioned about this the industry Representative had a very cavalier answer, to the effect of ( the people that bought players up until this point are early adopters and know what they are getting themselves into when they buy an early player). It almost makes me not want to buy a player at this time. I don't know about you guys but when you buy a second or third generation player, don't you think the specification should be fairly decided.
What I would like to know is if you think the players are developed enough to this point that I wouldn't be giving up to much if I bought now instead of waiting until October. ( This is when the 2.0 players are supposewd to be on sale).

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.
CliffH is offline   Reply With Quote