View Single Post
Old 01-08-2008   #7
leo74

Wink Re: McIntosh Turntable

kenny T. Now I say this not because I own mcintosh gear, but just stating facts. One mcintosh gear has a long history on looks and proform the classic look has not change, thats one of the main plus about mc gear. so to say that the turntable is retro is just silly, they made it in the style of all their gear.
Two mc quality really is on or above par with anyone you can think of. That is why they have been in biz so long, and their products last as long as they do. Now im not saying they out preform everyone, or that all their products sound better. they do have a sound that is more focused on the midrange and lows then their highs. Thus only a select amount of people like. But I have a mcintosh mc2500 that is over 25 years old I am the org owner and this peice is still working like the day we opend it. not many products and bost such claims and back it up.
Plus mcintosh looks are classic and timeless, more work go into the glass plates then most companys put in their whole amps. So for you to classifly all mc's as ugly is just your opion and you should state it as that, not hockie retro gear as you state, its been the same since day one. thus why the turntable matches.

Now once again im not saying this because i own alot of mcintosh gear, I know other brands make better amps, Thus accuphase, hell I didnt even go with mc pre amps, i went with shindo, ( now they are the best) but just think before you say things about products that you are showing you know nothing about the history, thank you very much for your time and alowing me to share my point of view. Have a very nice day, and if you would like i can inform you on some retro hoockie grand integ onk gear that you have lol
leo74 is offline   Reply With Quote