Thread: My Home Theater
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008   #18
Bob Black

Default Re: My Home Theater

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I for one can't wait to see what comes out @ CES for new high end pre/pro's. I am using a Meridian 861v4 now that is awesome, but it doesn't decode any of the new audio formats, and that hurts me!

I just finished reviewing the new Def Tech MYthos ST's (four of them) and Ten center and kept them! They are truly the best buy in speakers I've seen to date!

I wondered if those were your surrounds, aren't they a bit low? How'd you deal with that issue, are they aimed up some or did you find you didn't need to do anything for them to sound good?
I find they sound very good at their current height (and they are aimed up a bit). I typically turn up the surrounds and center anyway 'cause I prefer it that way. Aggressive mixes sound excellent! I know much has been made about Transformers HD DVD without lossless sound, but it's one of the greatest mixes I've heard yet!

Here's a few more pics of some of my memorabilia items. I need to build shelving in the back of the room for them ultimately. I still have about 20 more sideshow pieces in their boxes! NO ROOM...AARRGH!

Bob Black is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links