View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007   #6
FiguredMaple

Default Re: Can on-wall speakers perform as well as floorstanders?

I am currently in the market for a stand-free environment. Little kids and their ability to knock over speakers on stands, or get their hands on cables are stressful.

I will be convinced about the performance of in-walls and on-walls when I am able to A/B them beside traditional cabinet speakers.

However, I think it is great and influential to read reviews that perform comparisons for me especially on new models.

I would sure like Meridian components, but they are out of my price range.

I particularly like companies that are technically advanced, and do not seem to be relying on magic.
In-walls provide the best look, but placement and the seating position need to be perfect. There is some flexibility with models that have moveable tweeters, but there is still a limit.

On-walls seem to be an easier solution with easier installation, placement, and positioning options. If required, they can be placed on outside walls without disturbing insulation. For less than perfect placement options, (consider open concept rooms, maybe with pillars) brackets can be used for positioning.

I am currently interested in the following brands for on-walls, and would really like to read reviews and comparisons on them with highly rated cabinet speakers. In addition, when reading reviews, I am very interested in how all speakers perform with two-channel music.

B&W XT or FPM series
Dynaudio Contour SR or Audience 42 SAT series
Paradigm
Revel
Kef
Martin Logan

While trying to create a large sweet spot for the listeners, maybe the length of a couch, I would prefer to have seven exact same speakers all around the room, at ear level.

Dedicated center channels speakers and dipoles seem wrong to me.
Sponsored Links