View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007   #13
deacongreg

Thumbs up Re: Do you still go "out" to the movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robinson_A View Post
I rarely go to the theaters anymore. It has to be a BIG movie for me to go and brave the hordes of texting teenagers and kids running up and down the aisles. I went to see National Treasure 2 this past weekend and despite going at a early hour I was reminded of why I don't go to theaters anymore. It was terrible (not the movie) but people constantly getting up around me, kids running up and down the stairs, cell phones etc etc. I missed half of the film's subtler moments due to the constant barrage of distractions happening around me. I love movies and love the idea of going to a theater minus the public going to the same theater with me. People used to be respectful in theaters but now...I dunno. It's become a cheap babysitter and not a place where enough people are actually engaged in what they are watching.
Especially if you go on friday and saturday. But, try this, should you have time during the week, go then. Attendance is very low, and you can really enjoy yourself and the movie.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote