View Single Post
Old 06-21-2007   #33
David DelGrosso

Default Re: Best sounding DVD-Audio discs

Quote:
Originally Posted by timbre4 View Post
TOY MATINEE!!!

I used the CD as my demo disc selling stereo gear. Was thrilled to have the DTS disc and then the DVD-A audio disc. Such a GREAT album of songs; wonderfully written arranged and of course played.
Wow...another blast from the past... Toy Matinee!

"Last Plane Out" is excellent in 5.1...and many people used to comment that this was one of Elliott Scheiner's best 5.1 music mixes.

We were looking for new material and Rory introduced me to Pat Leonard at his house... very cool guy... and EXTREMELY talented. There's also an obscure yet masterful DTS-CD sitting in the collector's bins somewhere, entitled "Rivers."

Patrick was an avid fisherman, and he used to compose a new piece of music every time he went to one of his favorite rivers (hence the title.) And "Rivers" was truly a labor of love for Pat, and is a hypnotic instrumental collage that used minimal 5.1 "effects" yet exceptional spatial imaging.

And a lot of folks are also unaware of his enormous success during the early Madonna years. Patrick is one of the lesser known industry legends and is truly a class act.

DD
David DelGrosso is offline   Reply With Quote