View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007   #10
JerryDelColliano

Default Re: Pebble Beach Palace - the first MHT project

Bryan562 and I just got back from our trip to Pebble Beach which was AWESOME. Unlike last year - we were NOT in contention. The event is a "team play" format meaning that you take the net score of both players at the end of the round. We are both 8 handicaps and play a good number of events during the year but we committed a FATAL SIN. Despite us both making some birdies and some good pars - on three occasions - we both blew up at the same time resulting in one triple bogey and two doubles. With those off the card - we were in the running like last year but those WERE on the card so we finished about 10 strokes from the lead.

Nevertheless, the trip was a blast. The Carmel area is stunning. Some of the homes on Pebble Beach are just incredible. At the intersection of the 17th fairway and the 18th tee - there is a modern home there with a FULLY Titanium roof. I am not joking. Its crazy looking (very cool) and must have cost 2 million dollars. I wonder if it leaks.

j

PS: the weather for our 4 days up there was PERFECT. 55 to 60 degrees and sunny without strong wind.