View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007   #1
leviathan18

Default new member over here with some doubts

well let me introduce myself in my first of many posts over here, im from Venezuela computer engineer Overcloking aficionado car enthusiast and well general lover of every bit of technology.

i might know almost everything from the computer world but when it comes to A/V i'm a complete newbie i feel so out of place that i dont even know where to start.

the idea:

a nice LCD 42" with 1080p capabilities brand i dont care as it looks superb and does everything required (which i dont know what are good requirements are lol )

a slim A/V receiver i think the only option i have is the JVC RX-D702B which i've read is quite good.

a nice set of 5.1 which doesnt cost a kidney i was looking over Harman Kardon HKTS-18 5.1 but i'm open to suggestion

and of course that is why im posting this here, i want an htpc to handle my music and video needs, the basic hardware layout i have it figured it out is a little bit overkill but i also do work for the world community grid so is a double purpose machine core 2 quad 6600 4gb ddr2 800mhz 8600gt video and 750gb hdd but i want to know what kind of sound car should i get and what kind of tuner if i want to use the HTPC as PVR i want HD video so it will have BR and HD dvd player i guess i will use the HDDVD player from the xbox and a liteon blu ray driver

also we have here in venezuela directv which is the one you guys had like 10 years ago still SD and the receiver is C**P sorry to say it only has s-video output and composite and the normal RF

so i want to get a good all around start in this and maybe later i will start upgrading i dont have a set budget but also i dont want to spend a lot of money if its possible i dont need a videophile and audiophile system just all around good and nice with almost everything in just one device
leviathan18 is offline   Reply With Quote