View Single Post
Old 12-19-2007   #29
Lotus

Default Re: Study Shows "Non-Audiophiles" Can't Hear Difference Between 64 and 256 kbps MP3 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. AIX View Post
At the risk of hearing gasps come from the collected audiophile community, I'm not afraid to state that I applaud the engineers and people I know at Bose. I have worked closely with the automotive engineering team at the company over the past 5 years and can say without hesitation...they are experts at sound reproduction in a car! I've developed a few demonstration tracks for them for Acura and others and the results have been astounding.

They gave me a lifestyle system that I have set up in my office...it's for listening to fm broadcasts and some music. It's not even close to my big studio with the B&Ws etc...but I have a great deal of respect for the founder, the engineers and the organization. Bose bashing is a cheap shot...at least in respect to their automotive systems.

I'm sorry but I've sat in an Acura. It doesn't make for a good sound system.

Cars are about base and clarity with little thought towards sound stage and imaging.

I used to agree and think Bose was "pretty good," for cars but then I sat in a Volvo and heard the Dynaudio system they had. It actually sounded good.

That experience totally changed my opinion of Bose and made me realise that the only reason Bose was considered decent in cars was that the competition wasn't as serious as in home stereo.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote