View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007   #24
Enoch

Default Re: Study Shows "Non-Audiophiles" Can't Hear Difference Between 64 and 256 kbps MP3 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I do believe this article, if it wasn't true, why would so many people buy Bose systems for the $$ and actually believe they have a great system??

I have to say I cringe when people at work find out I write for AVRev.com and then say something like "you must have a really good system, do you have Bose?" I have tamed down the response to just say they wouldn't know of the gear I have
That is sooo true! I'm trying to resist writing the acronym for my laughing so hard.

I remember a time when I was still in sales when an entire family came into the store requesting to hear a demo on the Bose AM7(?) cube speaker system (this was the same month that a reviewer for an audio magazine wrote an honest review of the speaker system in question. He gave it 2 out of 5 stars or some equally worthy rating...later got fired for it). Anyway, I obliged the family and offered to demo one or two other similar speaker systems from other companies at less money as well. They agreed. After having heard Bose, Boston Acoustics, and Polk Audio in a somewhat blind test, I asked them which one they liked the sound of, A, B, or C. They DIDN'T pick Bose. When I told them which one they chose, they seemed very surprised. They huddled for all of 6 seconds, the father spoke up, "We'll take the Bose please."

Last edited by Enoch; 12-18-2007 at 11:12 PM..
Enoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links