Thread: Hello everyone
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007   #1
clew84

Default Hello everyone

Hi,

I am new to the forum but definitely not to Avrev.com. In fact, in 2001 I was the winner of a pair of Martin Logan Aeons compliments of this fine website's contest. I enjoyed them for years before selling them to a friend about 6 months ago. I was sorry to see them go, but I wasn't using them at the time and the cash helped to pay for other things in my new basement and media room. Here is the link to my pics:

http://good-times.webshots.com/album...-times&start=0

There are some changes since the pics:

- Added a PS3 last week and connected it via HDMI to the Sony projector. Very impressed with the Blu Ray pic at 1080p. Should have done this sooner!
- Moved the sub from the left side of the room to the front wall outside of the left front main speaker.
- Will be adding a SVS PB13-Ultra in the next few weeks. It will fit nicely under the screen, which my wife prefers (she hates the cylinder). Looking forward to better placement and the sound, but not carrying that 155 lb. best down the stairs.
- Sold my Classe preamp. It just didn't do it for me. The 2-channel sound was very good but it is limited in terms of connections (no hdmi) and it was a little quirky in operation. Selling it for the price I am, I can get the new Integra DTC-9.8 (on order as of today) and most of the new sub. Not too bad a tradeoff. I am a little concerned as there have been some people who haven't been happy with the 2-channel performance of the Integra. If that is the case, I will just add a dedicated CD player and run analog out.
- Added 2 acoustic panels from GIK Acoustics to the close wall next to the right speaker at the first reflection point for the right main and another at the first reflection point of the center speaker.

Anyway, this is my little basement system. Good to be here and look forward to reading comments in this and other threads.

Oh, and if I didn't say it already - thanks, Jerry for the speakers back in '01! That was really what started my hobby on a serious level. I had a Denon receiver powering those Aeons, so had to get rid of that. Then I had to upgrade the Kenwood CD player. Then the center speaker, etc.

Chris

Edit - here is my gear list:

Dynaudio Contour S3.4 main speakers
Dynaudio Contour SC center
Dynaudio Audience 52SE side surrounds
Dynaudio IP-17 in-celing rear speakers
SVS PC-Ultra sub
Classe SSP-300 (going away)
Bryston 4B SST 2-channel amp
Rotel RMB-1095 5-channel amp
Sony VPL-VW50 (the Pearl) projector
Stewart Firehawk SST 110" fixed screen