View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007   #22
deacongreg

Smile Re: Study Shows "Non-Audiophiles" Can't Hear Difference Between 64 and 256 kbps MP3 F

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I still keep two music libraries, one compressed to 192kbps, one in AIFF though I really need to redo the compressed one to 320+ as iPod have gotten so much bigger nowadays.

I do believe this article, if it wasn't true, why would so many people buy Bose systems for the $$ and actually believe they have a great system??

I have to say I cringe when people at work find out I write for AVRev.com and then say something like "you must have a really good system, do you have Bose?" I have tamed down the response to just say they wouldn't know of the gear I have, which is somewhat snobby, but true in most cases.

Fortunately for me, some of my fellow MD's do have some really nice rigs, so there are some I can talk with!
You know Dr. Source, that you are in a unique position. Those doctors who think BOSE is king, to me this would be a great opportunity for you to educate them a little. Just like if you were sharing medical terms or medical info on a patient, you can peak their interest on the high end.
In fact, if any of them are cool enough with you, invite them over to hear your system, and who knows what will happen.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote