View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007   #80
DaViD Boulet

Default Re: Blu-Ray wins on Black Friday week.

Quote:
You got one thing right it was an authoring delay for FOX but more was involved than just BD+. It's not a coincidence that when they started releasing again was when BD Replication facilities had turned a major corner in replication yields in some facilities doubling and in other tripling yield rates. BD+ was also ready at the time. It is true that FOX used BD+ as one of many reasons for their delays. Profit margins was also a big reason.
Very possible. Though every reliable insider has placed the bulk of Fox's delay on BD+ security (is it just coincidence that they released product as soon as BD+ was ready, with BD+ security?). And yet that still doesn't back up any indication that they are secretly pro-HD DVD, only that there might have been factors other than just BD+ they wanted addressed to proceed. That's very different than casting their temporary absence from the HDM arena in the way it was suggested by another poster.

Quote:
Where as most on here may post something wrong from being just simply mistaken. You however know better than to post things like "initially may cost a little more," and the other little digs you put in your posts. You're supposedly a journalist for DVD File right?
If that's the best example of my "FUD spin" I've committed I claim "Guilty!". yes, I have indeed suggested that BD's higher duplication costs are temporary and will shrink over time... and even if they don't exactly match replication costs of HD DVD cent for cent, I propose they will fall close enough as to become negligible... just like dual-layer DVD surcharges aren't prohibitively more than single-layer DVD manufacture today.

That "spin" of mine is *hardly* in the same area as suggesting that Toshiba's 5GB-limited continuous read DVD proposal was better than Sony's 4.7/8GB single/double-layer contintinuous-read disc we have today.

Last edited by DaViD Boulet; 12-13-2007 at 02:48 PM..
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote