View Single Post
Old 06-18-2007   #21
Tom Sarratt

Default Re: WHO MAKES THE BEST AMP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRAVISG View Post
SUNFIRE HANDS DOWN SHOW ME ANOTHER AMP THATS 38 POUNDS AND NEVER RUNS HOT THAT WILL PUT OUT 850 WATTS PER CHANNEL X 5
TravisG-I agree Sunfire makes an amazingly good amplifier! In fact, I have just signed on as a Factory Direct Dealer, so I am putting my money where my mouth is so far as support for and believing in Sunfire as an outstanding product. That being said, I am not sure your reply shows a perfect understanding of the intent of the original question.

While there is no doubt the Sunfire amp produces a HUGE quantity of power-especially when the weight of the amp is taken into consideration, that was not the performance parameter being opened for discussion. The original subject was "WHO MAKES THE BEST AMP" and I would venture to guess most of us here would interpret that to mean the ABSOLUTE BEST AMPLIFIER IN THE WORLD in ALL terms-sound quality, stability, delicacy, imaging, accuracy, speed, detail, power and so on and so forth.

I agree the Sunfire is a spectacular product, an unqualified bargain, a TRUE High-End product at a BARGAIN price; however I am not sure it is in quite the same league as the Levinson, Halcro, Classe', Audio Research, Anthem Statement, Pass Laboratories, MBL and so on products that are COST-NO-OBJECT (for the most part).

That being said, it sure is fun discussing these sort of topics with fellow audiophiles and I am happy for the chance to discuss Sunfire-a product I truly believe in, just as you do.
Tom Sarratt is offline   Reply With Quote