View Single Post
Old 12-07-2007   #21
Lotus

Default Re: Retiring Baby Boomers Fuel Two-Channel - Sales Surge in 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by xorbitman View Post
I disagree: The pipeling on the 360 is not wide band enough to handle the graphics data stream because HD on the 360 was an afterthought when MicroSoft realized the Sony PS3 was going to be full HDTV. And actually when I said that the PS3 was superior to the 360 I was not just talking graphics...have a look at the failure rate of the 360 out there in the field....that's what I'm talking about.
You bought the Sony PR line that the 360 was designed for HDTV as an afterthought?

It was designed from the ground up for HDTV and it is why it is superior to the PS3 in HD Anti-Aliasing. I won't get into it because it's a really big deal but the whole "our pipelines are wider so it doesn't matter they have twice as many," among other supposed reasons for the PS3 to be superior in graphics are well Urban Legend. I've heard plenty of people talk about the PS3 being superior in graphics while being 100% totally wrong but too stuborn to admit the data out there is right. If you want back buffered upscaled game vs actual HD games that's fine buy a PS3.

Since most people had a PS2 they don't remember that XBOX 1 had the first HD games. Why have 720p games on your old unit when you're not even thinking HD on your new unit?

As for the 360 and its survival rating... MS did extend the warranty and they are really good at replacing your unit. I know because they replaced mine. The new batch of PS3s are built differently than previous units and either lack SACD or aren't backwards compatible. So I'd argue that the PS3 keeps downgrading, while the 360 gets quieter and more advanced (HDMI on all new units).
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote