View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007   #1
Robinson_A

Default Harman/Kardon EQ...

I'm not going to beat around the bush, I'm an Audyssey EQ fan. That being said I've also liked Yamaha's YPAO EQ as well as Pioneer's internal system. While Audyssey remains my reference point I'm always excited to try new products in terms of automated room EQ. However, I don't care for H/K's. Harman Kardon, the parent company for two of my favorite brands (Revel & Mark Levinson) continues to push their auto EQ. Normally, this wouldn't be an issue except for the fact that I've never been able to get it to work 100% of the time.

While the process is less than complicated, it always fails to "find" certain speakers in my system or is completely off the mark in terms of distances, volumes and bass output levels. Once I do get it to seemingly "work" the level of audible change is mild at best, resulting in me havinng to manually adjust levels and settings which somewhat defeats the point. My reference Audyssey EQ is truly, plug, program and play and the results are always solid and easily replicated, where as H/K's EQ seems more or less like a crap chute.

Am I missing something? It actually bothers me that for a company that does so many things right, they can have an EQ that seemingly is so wrong. Maybe someone out there has a tip or a secret that will help me unlock the magic that is supposed to be H/K's Automated EQ.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote