View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007   #1
jrw1881

Question Throw distances projectors $3000.-$6000

I have just completed studding our my new theater room (combo room - fireplace and plazma) and would like to know if there are any projectors on the market that have a throw distance of 28 ft?? I plan on having a 9ft. wide x 6ft. screen with speakers mounted behind the screen. Since this is being created as I write I would appreciate any suggestions anyone might have. The room is approx. 27ft. x 15ft. with no outside light. I know I can mount a projector 10 to 20 ft. but don't really want it in my site line, prefer it to be like a movie theater projection booth. The ceilings are 81/2 ft. high.

Since I am blue collar and doing this myself money naturally is as important as quality. In other words the biggest bang I can get for the buck.

I used to have a dedicated home theater room I built many years ago before home theater was the "thing to do" now, so I am familiar with setting up a theater room and appreciate any help anyone is willing to give me about equipement. Speakers, amps, receivers, projectors etc will all be needed to complete this labor of love! Thanks...
jrw1881 is offline   Reply With Quote