View Single Post
Old 12-05-2007   #29
DaViD Boulet

Default Re: Will Meridian make an HD DVD player?

Quote:
You sure like to troll around with that email.
Lotus,

I posted my response from Bob Stuart in the relevent threads before I got your response linking that PDF.

While your PDF certainly reveals Meridian's expressed interest in HD DVD in the past, given its age (a year ago) it may or may not reflect the company's current trends. I would think that an email statement directly from Bob Stuart just two days ago would bear some weight. Though I'm not discounting the possibility that the press release might still reflect the company's ultimate goal given that Bob certainly could have been telling me what he did in an effort to keep the company's plans under wraps.

Though it does seem strange that Mr. Stuart would state so clearly that his company had not announced plans when, in fact, that press release had been released a year prior.

I emailed him back and mentioned that press release (providing the link to it that you gave) but I haven't received a subsequent response. That would imply that the company probably is continuing along a path of high-def support but prefers to keep it undiscussed, for the moment. Maybe waiting until CES?

In any case, my desire to have a credible discussion with relevant information (ie, a current email from Bob himself) should NOT be met with such glib remarks from you as calling me a "troll". I've resisted sending such labels your way, despite your demonstrated style time and time again.
DaViD Boulet is offline   Reply With Quote