View Single Post
Old 12-03-2007   #25
Lotus

Default Re: Onkyo drops HD DVD player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaViD Boulet View Post
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lotus,

quick question on the Meridian HD DVD player. I just emailed Bob Stuart of Meridian asking about their support of HD DVD and if they had plans to release a combo or BD player as well. He wrote back and said that at this time they've not announced a product for *either* format:

"Thank you for taking the time to write to me. I am not sure where you read this, but Meridian has not yet made any announcements about for which, if any, formats it will build players. Certainly the battle still rages!"

What exactly is the source that's indicated that they are releasing an HD DVD player? The above comment was from Bob Stuart himself in an email to me this morning.

http://media.meridian-audio.com/pres...ddvd-ces07.pdf

They say it themselves, and they had to because the HD PRG let it slip in their own release that Onkyo and Meridian were working on players. Meridian didn't want that announced and were a little ****ed off about it. They don't like information being out before they're ready. The player at that point wasn't near production and from what I hear may still be a year away, but they may have a prototype at CES.

So the HD DVD PRG let the cat out of the bag. Bob got upset, but then admitted they are working on high end players with MS. The key word there is "players," and i'll say nothing more.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote