View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007   #19
rmurphy

Default Re: Retiring Baby Boomers Fuel Two-Channel - Sales Surge in 2007

I'm new to this forum, but have been a audiophile for many years, that said I think the main issues with SACD and DVD-Audio was not software or cost related, it was the complex hardware configuration needed to use it.

If a single cable solution like the Denon Link was introduced when these formats were released, then maybe more people would of purchased these high-res formats.

This combined with a format war only succeeded in turning off the buying public and lead to its own failure, this same issue will happen to HD-DVD and Blu-Ray formats.

The point being missed here is most people want a simple solution to enjoy high-quality music, and are willing to pay for it.

I just purchased my first iPod and have downloaded some of my CD's that were just collecting dust, this has allowed me to reduce some of the songs I never liked, and enjoy the ones I do.

I was looking to purchase a very expense ($5200) single disk CD player with balanced outputs, but the iPod purchase changed my old audiophile way of thinking, I like the ability to carry my music with me, and when I received a "Free" copy of a low-res song from someone, I listened to it for a week, and decided to purchase the complete CD.

I think there's a fine line between a music company marketing an artist by offering a low-res song, and stealing.
rmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote