View Single Post
Old 11-30-2007   #12
jotham

Default Re: Retiring Baby Boomers Fuel Two-Channel - Sales Surge in 2007

30 day trials for music coupled with $9 CDs would be great. I haven't experienced it yet for the artists I listen to. Amazon has previews of songs but I don't think it is long enough or good enough for me to tell whether I like it.

You're completely right, it is easy to steal.

My big concern with Radiohead is probably the same as yours. I worry that few seemed to pay for it. I also greatly wonder if Radiohead still made more money than usual from the few who did because of the elimination of the middleman. For obvious reasons, they seem to be keeping their cards close to their chest.

I paid for the Saul Williams direct CD partially because of a friend's recommendation and partially to support the business model.

Given the incredible ease of stealing coupled with the ridiculous prices of CDs and flawed distribution model, I worry that a younger generation of listeners is being trained to steal 100% of the time. Gen X remembers paying for CDs. Gen Y barely remembers it. The younger ones will probably never use a CD and will only pay for music if their vast network doesn't already have it.

What I would like to do is come to a shared vision of the future that fuses convenience of purchase, low prices, greater volume of purchases and larger percentages to the artists. Lastly, it needs to be technologically realistic the way that DRM is not. This the discussion that i would hope the media companies are having.
jotham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links