View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007   #15
Lotus

Default Re: Onkyo drops HD DVD player...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoose View Post
Yea they won't make or break either format but they will bring higher quality & more features to them, which hopefully will trickle down to my price range when I get a standalone.

The main reason I'm still using my Playstation 3 as my Blu-Ray player is the more expensive models are not a big enough jump in quality & features yet.
Not to mention that both the PS3 and the Addon are far more reliable with updates easily available (coming on games, etc) that make it so your system can play titles.

The Onkyo modifications are as far as I know just enough to make it a better CD player.

I think the store is getting the Denon this week or next. I'm going to borrow a display model to compare for a day or two. I'm not sure if it's worth the premium price, but it might make me wait for their Combo player (we should get a glimpse or data on it at CES).

I'm a big fan of the Combo players right now. I'm hoping Samsung's 2nd gen Combo player next year is around $500. That would be close enough to a solution for most people.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote