View Single Post
Old 11-27-2007   #20
Lotus

Default Re: What is the best Blu-ray player on the market right now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Ken S,

I just can't bring myself to sell the DV-50s, in fact I got Silver Supra to buy one as well and he's hooked. In it's price range I have found no universal player come close to matching it, and it's built like a tank!

Lotus,

While I am interested in the newer combo players, first there isn't a $500 HD DVD player, and you could still get one of each for less. Do you have the BDUP 5000 already? You stud! Let us know how you find it, I am eager to know.
The A35 is $499. I hear they replaced the HQV processor with the new DVDO.

Street on the unit is around $450. You can't get a BD player for $300 currently.

You can however get the Combo for $770. It's 1080p and uses the HQV processor. So it's pretty stout. That is why I compare it to having the $500 HD DVD player and a great BD player. To be fair it's like having an XA2 and a BD player in one unit.

So far from what I've seen it excells at playing BD, HD DVD, and DVD. I haven't thrown a CD on it yet, but I just might.

While you can get two of the HD format players for around $770 you would be getting a 1080i player and a 1080p player. Here its all out 1080p with an amazing video processor.
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote