View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007   #8
jtmjnow

Default Re: Helping Audiophile Dealers with the "Audio Room of the Future"

Quote:
Originally Posted by deacongreg View Post
Jerry, like usual, you are laser beamed right it on the major topic. Your passion for music and the AV industry is wonderful. But, though its been a minute from my Harvey Electronic days on 45th street in Manhattan, I`m with you all the way, but I do not see this change.

My first experience with high end sales was snobbery too!! And not much has changed today. Guys like Sound by Singer, I just can not see them making this very smart move.

kennyt, I agree. I mentioned in another thread last week that, though I still prefer separates, that home theater receivers like Sunfire, Denon, Onkyo, Rotel and Yamaha may become the new "hubs' of our systems as technologies continues to move forward.
Yes Deacon,
I agree that the higher end mid fi's may very well be the choice in the future. Sure its generic and somewhat fast food/shuffle off/cafeteria type of stores that don't necessarily cater to the whims of the more well heeled-a___ compulsive few; now with that said, I once spoke with a very pragmatic, level headed, mid-fi kind a guy whose well respected in the audio business and owner of, who once told me that any flag ship model lets say of Onkyo or the like, is just as good as any group of separates one can throw together. Wouldn't it be great if both the high enders as well as the mid folks could gather some examples from each side of the fence, to A/B together. But of course as far as I've seen this doesn't happen; one would have to dismantle their many miles of wires and drag them into either or. Note: I have only heard once or twice in my many years, exceptional sound, that had totally enveloped me and drew me into a time and place where I wanted to remain; and I would venture it was perhaps the acoustical enviornment more than anything else.
jtmjnow is offline   Reply With Quote