View Single Post
Old 11-18-2007   #3
J.J.

Thumbs down Re: Service, above all could save the high end audio industry

I agree with you 100%. I don't mind paying extra or full price if the service is there. The problem is service is usually not good and I think people might as well find the cheapest price from anyone they can that is reputable.

See my Outlaw audio post.

Also, I tried to purchase a Rotel amp, only available from auth. retailer and they wanted me to come down and pay for it in person. So I made a trip just to put it on my credit card. I then had to keep calling them to find out if it was in or not because they wouldn't ship it to me. I had to go get it. Finally, I called one day and it was in. So I drove down to get it and I signed for it and took it home. I should have opened it up at the store because it was actually a different product. They just used that box to send someone's gear off for repair. So I called them and they said they would let me know when my amp was in, but that they wanted me to bring that piece back in first. I told them I already made two unnecessary trips and would bring it back when mine was in. Truth be told, they are lucky I am honest. My Rotel amp was not as expensive as the Lexicon that was in my box. If they would have given me much more grief we would have to have called it even.

So much for high end service!
J.J. is offline   Reply With Quote