View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007   #18
Robinson_A

Default Re: Yet another receiver suggestion thread

I wouldn't be surprised if Outlaw hit us with something KILLER in '08 in regards to home theater preamps or receivers, they're due.

Emotiva is solid, and has a good look to boot. Again, they are a brand that doesn't stay quiet for long so I would expect some HDMI news out of them too soon.

Sherwood is ROCK SOLID. Love their gear.

Denon is a good reliable bet and are absolute work horses when it comes to features. I still use my 4806 receiver everyday and it's going on two years now. One of the first receivers to offer full HDMI switching and conversion and has worked flawlessly since day one.

Yamaha is also very very good. In terms of DSP they may be my favorite and they seem to have taken my advice to heart (at least that's what I'm telling myself) and have cleaned up their appearance as well. The very definition of giant killer.

Onkyo is probably my favorite out of the bunch right now, but I am waiting for the new Pioneer Elite receiver. I saw it at CEDIA and was floored with just how good this sucker is. I plan on buying it as soon as it hits the market and using it in my reference system. However, for a receiver it is pricey at somewhere near or around $7K. But make no mistake it's the real deal.

Managing Editor
www.avrev.com
www.avrevforum.com
www.modernhometheater.com
www.aprilshowersmovie.com
Robinson_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links