View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007   #28
prerich

Default Re: HD DVD Players Sold Out Nationwide This Weekend - Blu-ray In Trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
prerich,

Great moniker BTW! Welcome to the forum!

What part of Florida are you in?

I agree with you to a degree, but only time will tell. I have many friends who have bought into one of the formats, and many have chosen Blu-ray, even without my advice. These folks are buying software. I am a from the start Blu-ray guy, maybe the only one ion the magazines staff that is, but lately that loyalty has been waning. I am now neutral as my HD DVD players WORK!

Andrew Robinson has said it to me many times, and I sort of dismissed it. He just wants it to work! You know, I grow to respect him more and more the better I get to know him, and he's right again on this one. My HD DVD players WORK. No need for firmware updates to play the latest releases, and when you put the two side by side, often it comes down to software, and frankly many HD DVD's are done better than Blu-ray.

Take the included Fifth Element, the original transfer was so poor Sony rereleased it and GAVE it to all prior owners! This has never happened before......

I don't know how or if this 'war' will end, but like Iraq, I am tired of the fighting. I just want it to be over and move on.....
Why thank you You are right about HD-DVD players just working. I have mine hooked up to my router and performed an over-the-net firmware update as soon as I received my 98.00 player - worked like a charm. Started using some of the slick menu items an special features - they all work well - and the picture is stunning. The best 98.87 I've spent! The Mummy Returns looks fabulous also - as a matter of fact all of my hd-dvds are beautiful! Come on Disney - try it - you'll like it! (lack of Disney will not make me buy a 400.00 blu-ray or PS3, but adding Disney to HD-DVD will make buy even more software - its about initial layout cost and bang for the buck - HD-DVD studios are putting out plenty of titles for me - but adding Disney would be the gravy on the potatoes).

P.S. I'm in NW Florida - P'Cola area

Last edited by prerich; 11-14-2007 at 08:40 AM..
prerich is offline   Reply With Quote