View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007   #11
Lotus

Default Re: What do you think of Sunfire's cinema ribbon speakers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
I can't argue the cost difference BIKER, but the CR's are no Vento's. The CR do compress at volume, and give a wider soundstage but less imagine and absolute detail.

That said, they are both very good speakers and either one can be better depending on your tastes,room, etc.

Enjoy the Ribbons, they are one of the coolest speakers out now, amazingly funky to look at, sound good, and wait until you get them and unpack them! They are packed better than ANY product I have gotten in as long as I can remember! No kidding, they are packed like a fine watch, not an $800 speaker!
He's talking about the Treos. They have THREE 4.5" EMF woofers combined with the Ribbon. They're $1000 each or $2000 for a pair. The center has four woofers and is $1250.

I think they're an improvement over the CRs you reviewed, but only from what I've heard from Carver. I've yet to get a pair or set to test for my own.

I'm a fan of Canton as a brand that most don't recognize but is one of the better deals in AV. If memory serves the Ventos are the top of the line product right? With a $10K a pair set? I can think of a few brands I'd rather have at $10k than Canton... off the top of my head Martin Logan Summits, Avalon Acoustics Ascendants...
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote