View Single Post
Old 11-10-2007   #22
tdarst

Smile Re: HD DVD Players Sold Out Nationwide This Weekend - Blu-ray In Trouble?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
tdarst,

Welcome to our forum! How did you find us?
Thanks Kenny. I have been a subscriber to Jerry's newletters for a number of years; usually just a quiet spectator, though. In a recent edition, I spied a link this thread and read all of the posts with interest.

I may take the plunge on a HD player in the near future, if I happen to run across a deal like the one you described ($99 plus 5 discs - WOW!). It's not that I am a cheapskate when it comes to A/V - over the past 10 years years my investment in HT and 2 channel Audio gear has surpassed the $40k mark - the most recent acquisitions being hand crafted, all tube-based matching 2-channel pre-amp and 100wpc monoblock amps (price tag for both pushing close to 10k).

My holdout is primarily due to the nightmarish stories I have heard about incompability, syncing, etc. I am simply holding out until all of the bugs are worked out - and hopefully that isn't too far into the future. I really don't want to add 2 peices to my rack; so a well functioning combo player, or an emerging winner in the format war would seal the deal for me. In the meantime, given the relatively low availability of titles - I am content to keep waiting for a while.

TD
tdarst is offline   Reply With Quote