View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007   #8
deacongreg

Smile Re: Guilty Pleasures

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyt View Post
Boston was very popular but the sound is a little over produced for me. During that era I was spinning Sex Pistols, Dead Kennedy's, Crass, Black (and White) Flag, UK Subs, Exploited... you get the picture.... Angry music for an angry teen..... Fortunately for me I lived in a NYC suburb so I got to see many of these bands live @ CBGB's, the old Ritz on 12th street... and far too many underground clubs I can't remember the name of nor do they likely exist now anyway!

I was and always will love Jimi Hendrix, the guy could move your soul with his guitar!
kennyt, I did not know you were originally from here. I went to the Blue Note, and the Bottom Line. Seeing Grover Washington Jr. Bob James, Patrice Rushen, The group Passport, and many others. Unfortunately, due to some financial issues, this landmark club that had just about everyone come thru there, had to close its doors.

You would think, like at the Apollo, that the artists would band together to pay off some of those bills. But, I have not heard of anything. This was a place that if not for the Bottom Line, some artists would have never been discovered. You were up close and personal in this small dwelling place. I loved it.
deacongreg is offline   Reply With Quote