View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007   #10
Merton

Default Re: What ever happened to Adcom?

Thanks Jerry,

Those are some interesting ideas. The Ushers @ $ 12k and Paradigms @ $ 5k are out of my range right now, with a teenage girl wanting a car and college in a couple of years. I could get a couple of very nice sails instead..... The Martin Logans would really interest me - they probably image better than the 104.2's - but the 24 - 30" space needed to the back wall is a deal breaker. Our den is small, only 15'w x 13' deep. There are some B&W CDM7SE's for sale locally on ebay. Should I consider them?

The only B&W dealer in Atlanta is the Apple Store. They only stock the Zeppelin for ipods. So there are not many places where I can audition these speakers here in Atlanta.

Jim

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryDelColliano View Post
As for speakers, the Kefs were good for their day but look into the Paradigm Signature S8's, the Usher big boys (not too much $$$), MartinLogan's middle of the road speakers, B&Ws, PSB and some of the other more subtle looking speakers that don't make the same physical statement Tympany D's make. The MartinLogan's would be first on my list if I were you as they have that OPEN sound without looking like Bennyhana designed your living room.
Merton is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links